CAS № 75-22-9
EC № 200-850-4
Chemical formula: (CH3)3N:BH3
Mol weight: 72.94
Synonym: Trimethylamine borane, borane-trimethylamine-complex, ТМАB
White powder or crystals.
Melting point: 93-95 °C.
Boiling point: 171 °C.
Bulk density: 300-350 g/l.
Vapour pressure: 10.3 kPa at 20 °C.
Solubility in water: 13.0 g/l at 20 °C.
- Reduction of chloroanhydrides of acids, aldehydes, ketones to corresponding alcohols, Schiff bases to secondary amines, indoles to indolines.
- As fogging agent in direct positive emulsions.
- In photographic development processes with image inversion for a higher image density.
- Hydroboration of olefines.
- For elecrtodeposition of coatings.
- In production of photocurable compositions for lithographic plates.
- As a fuel additive.
- For stabilization of alcohols, prepared by oxa-synthesis and containing small amounts of carbonyl or non-saturated compounds.
||White powder or crystals
||98.0 % min