CAS № 74-94-2
EC № 200-823-7
Chemical formula: (CH3)2NH:BH3
Mol weight: 58.92
Synonym: Dimethylamine-borane, DMAB
White solid granules with strong amine odour.
Bulk density: 300-350 g/l.
Flash point: 65 °C.
Solubility in water: 120 g/l at 20 °C.
- Reduces aldehydes and ketones to alcohols.
- Reduces Schiff bases in acetic acid.
- Reduces quinines to hydroquinones.
- Preparation of xanthene, which is a useful pharmaceutical intermediate.
- In combination with titanium (IV) chloride, aromatic aldehydes and ketones are deoxygenated to the arylalkane.
- For production of thin films of Ni, Co, Mo, Cu, Ag, Au, Zn, and other metals in modern electronics.
- Nickel-boron plating in the production of high-temperature PCBs (printed circuit boards).
- Nickel-plated contacts in connectors as a substitute for gold coatings.
- Ceramic metallization for the production of solder terminals
- Deposition of amorphous nickel onto diskettes.
- Production of solderable ohmic contacts in semiconductor solar energy converters.
- For preparation lithium aminoborohydrides, which are air-stable and non-pyrophoric reducing agents.
||White solid granules
||98.0 % min
||34 oC min