CAS № 7337-45-3
EC № 230-851-5
Chemical formula: (CH3)3CNH2:BH3
Mol weight: 86.97
Synonym: tert-Butylamine borane, trihydro(2-methyl-2-propanamine) boron
White powder or crystals.
Melting point: 97-98 °C (decomposition).
Bulk density: 300-400 g/l.
Solubility in water: 20 g/l at 20 °C.
- Selective reduction of aldehydes and ketones to relevant alcohols.
- For production of photocurable compositions used in manufacture of lithographic plates.
- For inversion treatment of photo films.
- As reducing agent for conversion of aristeromicine into cyclaradine.
- Stereoselective reduction of a steroidal ketone.
- For cuprum coating of PCB.
- Reduces aldehydes, generated in situ by hydrolysis of acetals with aqueous triflic acid in THF, to primary alcohols.
- Reductions of enones with preparation of allyl alcohols.
||White powder or crystals
||98.0 % min
||97 oC min