Triethylborane, 1М solution in THF
CAS № 97-94-9
EC № 202-620-9
Chemical formula: B(C2H5)3
Mol weight: 98.00
Synonym: Triethylboron, 1 М solution in tetrahydrofuran
Colourless or yellowish transparent liquid.
Oxidizes if exposed to air.
Flash point: –20 °C.
Density: 0.86-0.87 kg/l at 20 °C.
- Radical initiator for hydrostannylation of alkynes.
- Reacts with metal enolates to give the enoxytriethylborates, useful in selective alkylation and aldol reactions.
- Used with lithium tri-tert-butoxyaluminohydride in the reductive cleavage.
- Used in the deoxygenation of primary and secondary alcohols.
- A raw material for a wide variety of boron compounds.
- Protection OH-groups in organic compounds.
- Rapid gasometric determination of OH-groups in alcohols, phenols, diols, sugars and other compound.
- Water content determination in crystalline, hydrates of inorganic, complex and organic salts.
- Preparative dehydration of salt and sugar hydrates.
||Colourless or yellowish transparent liquid.