CAS № 16940-66-2
EC № 241-004-4
Chemical formula: NaBH4
Mol weight: 37.83
Synonym: Sodium tetrahydridoborate
White powder or granules.
Flash point: 187 °C.
Solubility in water: 550 g/l at 25 °C.
- Purification of various bulk chemistry products containing reducible admixtures: amines, amides, alcohols, peroxides, metal ions.
- Selective reduction of aldehyde and ketone groups in pharmacy and in fine organic chemistry.
- Waste water treatment at a number of production plants to eliminate even minor quantities of heavy metals.
- Reduction of noble metals including the reduction from spent catalysts.
- Electroless deposition of transition and precious metals on various substrates.
- Water/alkali solution of sodium borohydride are used to bleach mechanical pulp, to leach clay and to reduce dyes in textiles.
- Reductive alkylation of amines in combination with formaldehyde and aromatic amines in combination with H2SO4.
- Selective reduction of nitroarenes to amines in combination with ammonium sulphate in ethanol.
- Reduction acids to alcohols in combination with iodine.
||White powder or granules
||98.0 % min